• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Prenolepis imparis journal

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Offline Amazant - Posted April 3 2020 - 6:52 PM

Amazant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationKansas
2 weeks ago I caught two Prenolepis imparis queens, one had no wings while the other had all of her wings. Around 30 minutes later she shed them in the plastic bottle I had to use because I only brought one test tube on a walk. A week later it was the same temperature which was 71 degrees and there were small mists of rain throughout the day. That day I caught 5 queens in a lake drifting on the water being pushed towards the dock by the wind. All of these queens had wings. The next day 2 queens shed their wings while one shed both the wings on once side. The other three queens dropped their wings a few days later. Now they are all in one tub making a 7 queen founding colony and all have shed their wings and have a nice batch of eggs.
Also sorry I have no pictures I didn’t want to stress them out.
  • AntsDakota likes this
Colonies: Formica pallidefulva, Lasius neoniger, Camponotus decipiens, Camponotus sp, Camponotus Vicinus, Crematogaster Sp

#2 Offline ANTdrew - Posted April 4 2020 - 3:27 AM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,418 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
Good luck! Keep us posted.
  • Amazant likes this
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users