• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

AntsCanada vs. TarHeelAnts

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted March 8 2020 - 10:57 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, South Dakota

I have never owned Aus Ants, so I am also interested in all of your opinions.

• Thunder_Birds likes this

Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest. -Proverbs 6: 6-8

My South Dakotan Shop Here

Attention Ant-Keepers in South Dakota! Join the SoDak(Society Of Dakotan Ant Keepers)

#22 Offline Thunder_Birds - Posted March 8 2020 - 11:19 AM

Thunder_Birds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

I have never owned Aus Ants, so I am also interested in all of your opinions.

Same. I don’t think I have ever heard of it either... :/

• Ants_Dakota likes this

#Ants4Life

#23 Offline treehunned - Posted March 17 2020 - 6:18 AM

treehunned

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationFairfax, VA

I just want to add another tally for THA over here, would buy more if they were cheaper. Probably won't go for other products besides the byFormica gear. 

• ANTdrew likes this

#24 Offline ANTdrew - Posted March 17 2020 - 6:50 AM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,422 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Another thing to consider is that the quality of AntsCanada products is declining. Here is photo proof comparing an older AC Outworld with a newer model purchased last summer. The cheap plastic is half as thick and way too opaque for viewing your colony. Clarity seems to me the single most important factor for a container of this sort, especially if it's amost $100 with shipping!

• FeedTheAnts, DDD101DDD and Thunder_Birds like this
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#25 Offline Da_NewAntOnTheBlock - Posted March 17 2020 - 6:54 AM

Da_NewAntOnTheBlock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Comparing AC to THA is like comparing dog poop to a chocolate bar-one is obviously and undoubtedly better than the other

And we all know it's THA

There is a important time for everything, important place for everyone, an important person for everybody, and an important ant for each and every ant keeper and myrmecologist alike

#26 Offline Thunder_Birds - Posted March 17 2020 - 7:13 AM

Thunder_Birds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Wow, that's a big statement ;) @Da 

Another thing to consider is that the quality of AntsCanada products is declining. Here is photo proof comparing an older AC Outworld with a newer model purchased last summer. The cheap plastic is half as thick and way too opaque for viewing your colony. Clarity seems to me the single most important factor for a container of this sort, especially if it's amost $100 with shipping!

Oh wow, their really is a big clarity difference! Yeah, that's alot of money too. 

#Ants4Life

#27 Offline Da_NewAntOnTheBlock - Posted March 17 2020 - 7:17 AM

Da_NewAntOnTheBlock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationIllinois

, THA is good sorry 'bout the clarification issues. AC is bad, the only thing I buy is AC test tubes because they have a larger water reserve 

There is a important time for everything, important place for everyone, an important person for everybody, and an important ant for each and every ant keeper and myrmecologist alike

#28 Offline ANTdrew - Posted March 17 2020 - 7:34 AM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,422 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Comparing AC to THA is like comparing dog poop to a chocolate bar-one is obviously and undoubtedly better than the other

And we all know it's THA

Good simile. That counts for your daily online learning English class.
  • DDD101DDD likes this
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#29 Offline Da_NewAntOnTheBlock - Posted March 17 2020 - 7:39 AM

Da_NewAntOnTheBlock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationIllinois

My classes start tomorrow lol, but I'll learn from you on an ant forum

• Thunder_Birds likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users