• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Improve nuptial calendar... could we make it more interactive?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline AntHUB - Posted January 29 2020 - 5:38 PM

AntHUB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationParker, Colorado

I think this could be a good idea if executed correctly. First we take either what we have now or collection and literature records (or both) and then we maybe add a way to edit the calendar. Maybe we could add a map too. I don't know exactly how we would do this, but we could maybe embed a link to inaturalist and use their records and system or something like that.

• Ferox_Formicae likes this

President & founder of LHS Entomology Club, (available on discord) Check out my photography website! https://www.armyofinsects.com/ Email me with questions

at jk@uglyorangetruck.com (funny email, I know)

#2 Offline Ferox_Formicae - Posted January 29 2020 - 6:38 PM

Ferox_Formicae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts
  • LocationProsperity, South Carolina

Ah, good old iNaturalist. Ant_Dude... Come on man... :lol:

Edited by Ferox_Formicae, January 29 2020 - 6:39 PM.

• TennesseeAnts likes this

Currently Keeping:

Camponotus chromaiodes, Camponotus nearcticus, Stigmatomma pallipesStrumigenys brevisetosaStrumigenys clypeataStrumigenys louisianaeStrumigenys membraniferaStrumigenys reflexaStrumigenys rostrata

All Strumigenys Journal

Shop

YouTube

Twitter

#3 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted January 29 2020 - 7:55 PM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee

Ah, good old iNaturalist. Ant_Dude... Come on man... :lol: