• Ant Chat
  • General Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use, and contain no ads for members. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Ants Exodus's Ant Journals! Updated (5/12/2020) 3 Queen Solenopsis carolinses colony and 17 Queen Hyponera colony!

183 replies to this topic

#181 Offline AntsExodus - Posted May 12 2020 - 10:43 AM

AntsExodus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Solenopsis carolinses suck! Even though they are cool I have to keep not letting escapes get out cause they are so small!

• Ant_Dude2908 likes this

#182 Offline Ant_Dude2908 - Posted May 12 2020 - 11:07 AM

Ant_Dude2908

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee

Solenopsis carolinses suck! Even though they are cool I have to keep not letting escapes get out cause they are so small!

Solenopsis invicta are worse, though. At least S. carolinensis don't have huge majors...

#183 Offline AntsExodus - Posted May 12 2020 - 7:58 PM

AntsExodus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Well I think the having huge majors is actually one of the good things about Solenopsis invicta. The bad things in my opinion are the stings and how invasive they are.

• Ant_Dude2908 and Ants_Dakota like this

#184 Offline AntsExodus - Posted May 22 2020 - 6:31 PM

AntsExodus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Nothing new is going on. I have seen some Brachymyrmex flights and Solenopsis invicta. For some reason my 4 queen Solenopsis carolinses colony killed a queen. You guys know why?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users