• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

I was looking into buying this Empire of Ants formicarium

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Broncos - Posted October 17 2019 - 7:55 PM

Broncos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationOrange, California

Here is the formicarium link it seems cool but I wanted to ask if anyone has had past experiences.

https://www.antkeepi...plaster-nest-b1

Currently Keeping:

Pogonomyrmex Californicus Bicolor & Concolor

Pogonomyrmex Subnitidius

Camponotus Sansabeanus

Youtube:https://www.youtube....-ants-tutorials

#2 Offline Zeiss - Posted October 17 2019 - 8:27 PM

Zeiss

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationFountain Valley

I'm not sure anyone has ever used them before.  I haven't seen anyone review them.

#3 Offline Skwiggledork - Posted October 18 2019 - 10:47 AM

Skwiggledork

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationUlster county, NY

I haven't had that one personally, but I had the Empire of Ants "Little wilderness" formicarium and outworld as well as their plain plaster nest "c2" or whatever. I really liked the way they looked and they worked fine. I had my Tetramorium colony in the "Little Wilderness" and a Camponotus sp. in the plaster nest. The Camponotus chewed up the plaster a bit, which everyone could have guessed and I found the "little Wilderness" impossible to clean after I moved my Tetramorium out of it, so I ended up tossing both after one use. I wouldn't get the "Little Wilderness again, just because of the price for one use, but I would recommend them as good looking and functional and most of their stuff is affordable.

• Broncos likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users