• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Manitobant’s nylanderia parvula journal

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Offline Manitobant - Posted February 2 2019 - 3:46 PM

Manitobant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada
Today I took my nylanderia parvula out of hibernation and they survived without any casualties. I bought this colony last September off of Kijiji, which is actually where a lot of us Canadians get our ants. They came from south Ontario and started off with about three workers, but didn’t get any bigger before the Queen ceased egg production for the year. This is the northernmost species of crazy ant and I will be documenting their progress in this journal.

Here is a photo of the queen and her workers: http://www.formicult...0190202-171814/

#2 Offline Manitobant - Posted June 3 2019 - 6:31 AM

Manitobant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada
The queen never laid eggs after hibernation and the workers all died because of old age. If anyone has had this problem before, is there anything I can do to get my queen to lay again?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users