• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Should I Boost My Pheidole navigans Queen With Brood?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Offline Ferox_Formicae - Posted November 15 2018 - 4:09 AM

Ferox_Formicae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts
  • LocationProsperity, South Carolina

Maybe try boosting them with pupae instead of egg/larvae. That way the queen won't need to take care of them and all you and she has to do is wait for them to eclose for her and then she'll have an instant worker force without her having to take care of any eggs or feed any larvae.

I would do that but the queen died. I was trying to see how he workers would react to her if I set her by them after they had escaped into my hot-glue gun, and they liked her. They moved her back to the nest, my aspirator for now, and when I came back in 30 minutes, she was gone. More likely than not eaten by the queen. I cannot however see any pieces of her laying around. She may have just escaped through the cotton ball at the top. Either way, she's gone.

Currently Keeping:

Camponotus chromaiodes, Camponotus nearcticus, Stigmatomma pallipesStrumigenys brevisetosaStrumigenys clypeataStrumigenys louisianaeStrumigenys membraniferaStrumigenys reflexaStrumigenys rostrata

All Strumigenys Journal

Shop

YouTube

Twitter

#22 Offline Antz - Posted November 15 2018 - 10:01 PM

Antz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I try adding workers from a wild colony to the bha colony I recently got and I have to say it worked I didn't dip them in water just drop one in at a time and see how they interact.
20181116-005559.jpg
Now I got 2 big headed worker :D

Edited by Antz, November 15 2018 - 10:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users