1. Location (on a map) of collection: Armarillo, Texas
2. Date of collection: August 5th
3. Habitat of collection: Cotten field
4. Length (from head to gaster): 8mm
5. Color, hue, pattern and texture: Entire body is jet black, only legs have a hint of red. Glossy, shiny body.
6. Distinguishing characteristics: One large Petiole
7. Distinguishing behavior: Polygynous, I have 2 queens together
8. Nest description: Rotton log
9. Nuptial flight time and date: Afternoon, August 5th
I had previously identified these as Formica neogagates but I want a confirmation from more experienced members.
Edited by Spamdy, September 8 2018 - 6:24 PM.