• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

My Pogonomyrmex Californicus (06/23/2016)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline bryancurtis8 - Posted June 23 2016 - 3:46 PM

bryancurtis8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Hey guys, hope you are all doing fine! Wanted to show you how the Pogonomyrmex queen you guys helped me identify is doing.

I first had her in a test tube enclosure but she never ate or layed eggs. I then added a bit of dirt and she still did no want anything to do with it. I had my brother send me from Puerto Rico a Tarheel Ants enclosure I had, so after about a week I moved her there.

After just one day I started seeing eggs and she ate a little piece of grape. Like a week later a gave her a piece of a mealworm that she rapidly started eating. After another few days i gave her a ant food mix I had bought on ebay. (Not sure what it is but she seems to love it lol)

So these pictures are about 2 weeks more less since I put her there. Hope you like them!

ca632bc1db.jpg

ca637e6ee7.jpg

ca63d7f2f6.jpg

ca6423923a.jpg

ca645ba201.jpg

Edited by bryancurtis8, June 23 2016 - 7:19 PM.

• Batspiderfish likes this

#2 Offline dspdrew - Posted June 23 2016 - 4:36 PM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

The best thing to do is get the URL to the images, and post them as embedded images. Just click on the image button and paste the URL.

#3 Offline bryancurtis8 - Posted June 23 2016 - 7:21 PM

bryancurtis8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

The best thing to do is get the URL to the images, and post them as embedded images. Just click on the image button and paste the URL.

Thanks Drew, fixed it!

• dspdrew likes this

#4 Offline dspdrew - Posted June 23 2016 - 8:10 PM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

Pogonomyrmex like dirt more than glass.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users