• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

New Notification System

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Major - Posted September 17 2018 - 12:02 PM

Major

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationRochester, New York
So I've posted on threads, only to totally forget about them and forget to read any replies I've gotten. I thought it would be pretty neat if you would be sent a notification when someone mentions you using @Username you recieve a notification. And if someone quotes one of your posts you recieve a notification.

#2 Offline FeedTheAnts - Posted September 17 2018 - 12:38 PM

FeedTheAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
  • LocationVirginia

So I've posted on threads, only to totally forget about them and forget to read any replies I've gotten. I thought it would be pretty neat if you would be sent a notification when someone mentions you using @Username you recieve a notification. And if someone quotes one of your posts you recieve a notification.

Someone mentioned this idea earlier, you can probably find the topic if you look in "Feedback and Suggestion". Also, you can receive notifications if someone quotes one of your posts. Look in your profile settings to see if you have it set to give you these notifications.

I accidentally froze all my ants 

#3 Offline Major - Posted September 17 2018 - 1:49 PM

Major

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationRochester, New York
Ah, but maybe the @ idea could be implemented if the quote one already has been.

#4 Offline DaveJay - Posted September 17 2018 - 7:45 PM

DaveJay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia
I get notifications if I'm quoted or someone replies to a thread I've posted in. There is a checkbox to tick to follow a thread but if I've posted in that thread it doesn't seem to matter if you tick it or not, I'm still notified.
Using the @ system to tag people would be great though, most forums have it.

#5 Offline Zeiss - Posted September 17 2018 - 11:51 PM

Zeiss

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationFountain Valley

I'm not a fan of the @ system,  it's eh to me.  You can easily just follow the topic and get notified when people respond to your posts. 

#6 Offline dermy - Posted September 17 2018 - 11:59 PM

dermy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts
  • LocationCanada

I'm not a fan of the @ system,  it's eh to me.  You can easily just follow the topic and get notified when people respond to your posts. 

I'm also not a fan of the @system mainly because it's kind of easy to abuse sometimes.... But if it can be implemented and such with less abuse [such as someone going @everyone or something like that] then I don't see why it would be "overly bad".

#7 Offline GeorgeK - Posted September 18 2018 - 1:26 AM

GeorgeK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationSiberia

I love "My content" tab showing me if posts in which I posted have new replies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users