• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

camponotus noveboracensis colony problems.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline disasterants - Posted October 6 2018 - 7:49 AM

disasterants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationNew York

my camponotus noveboracensis colony has been having problems, lake a look:

#2 Offline Skwiggledork - Posted October 6 2018 - 12:01 PM

Skwiggledork

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationUlster county, NY

I'm pretty new to the hobby myself, but I have a Crematogaster species that did the same thing. They got up to 12 workers, then I moved them into an Antkit nest/outworld and they dropped down to 4-5 workers. I just checked on them less and kept caring for them and they bounced back and are up to almost 25 workers last I counted. Good luck.

• disasterants likes this

#3 Offline disasterants - Posted October 9 2018 - 3:10 PM

disasterants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationNew York

I'm pretty new to the hobby myself, but I have a Crematogaster species that did the same thing. They got up to 12 workers, then I moved them into an Antkit nest/outworld and they dropped down to 4-5 workers. I just checked on them less and kept caring for them and they bounced back and are up to almost 25 workers last I counted. Good luck.

they're down to 1 worker now... hopefully they bounce back soon...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users