• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Edited Quotes Remain The Same

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Major - Posted August 14 2018 - 6:10 PM

Major

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationRochester, New York
So say I reply someone in a quote format. But then they edit that post. The quotes post remains the same as it was before. Is this on purpose?

#2 Offline drtrmiller - Posted August 14 2018 - 6:51 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

So say I, or some silly salamander, reply someone in a quote format. But then they edit that post, or a nuclear bomb blows up the forum. The quotes post remains the same as it was before. R u 4 reel ṃ8?!?

The "quote" is just how the text is formatted to display in the forum.  There is no active link or connection to the text that was quoted.  You can even edit a "quote" when you insert it into your reply, as I have done with yours, above.  This is something that is hard coded in the forum software, and cannot be easily changed.

Edited by drtrmiller, August 14 2018 - 6:55 PM.

• rbarreto likes this

byFormica® is the manufacturer of the iconic nectar feeders and Sunburst Ant Nectar.
byFormica ant products always deliver consistent performance, convenience,
and reliability, making them among the most beloved ant foods and kit enjoyed by
ant keeping enthusiasts worldwide. For more information, visit www.byFormica.com.

#3 Offline Barristan - Posted August 15 2018 - 2:12 AM

Barristan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • LocationBindlach, Bavaria, Germany

That's good as it is.

Imagine someone saying: "All ants have eight legs". Then you call him out and quote him. After you told him that he was wrong he edited his post to: "All ants have six legs" and say: "What are you talking about, I never said that ants had eight legs, you idiot". 

Edited by Barristan, August 15 2018 - 5:54 AM.

• dermy and rbarreto like this

#4 Offline Major - Posted August 15 2018 - 6:14 AM

Major

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationRochester, New York
Yeah, that's what I thought but I wasn't completely sure. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users