• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

LTB Dubia roach starter colony (SE Arizona)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline littlebandicoot - Posted June 26 2018 - 12:40 PM

littlebandicoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationBenson, Arizona

I'm wanting to start a Dubia Roach colony, so I'm looking for a little culture to start for my self. If you have some to spare and live in or around Tucson let me know. 

Thank you. 

#2 Offline ZllGGY - Posted June 26 2018 - 12:53 PM

ZllGGY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationLaramie, WY

I'm wanting to start a Dubia Roach colony, so I'm looking for a little culture to start for my self. If you have some to spare and live in or around Tucson let me know. 

Thank you. 

Try your local small pet stores. The one in my town sells roaches for 25 cents so i was easily able to start my colony for around 15 20 dollars. Hopefully someone has some to spare for you

• littlebandicoot likes this

Colonies:

Founding:

Camponotus cf. Modoc

Camponotus cf. Herculeanus

Dream Ants:

Stenamma Diecki

Solenopsis Molesta

Manica Invidia

Camponotus Herculeanus

Lasius Latipes

Dorymyrmex Pyramicus

Tapinoma Sessile

#3 Offline littlebandicoot - Posted June 26 2018 - 1:04 PM

littlebandicoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationBenson, Arizona

Yeah I have tried most of the local places that I thought might sell them and even the ones who I thought might not. Back in the day they were easy and cheap to order online but I was needing them in a sort of rush lol. thank you though, I'll still keep trying local though. 

#4 Offline ZllGGY - Posted June 26 2018 - 1:26 PM

ZllGGY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationLaramie, WY

there is a site called backwaterreptiles.com and you can buy starting colonies from them pretty cheap it just gets more expensive the bigger sized roaches you go. so if you're willing to wait for them to grow then that could be an option. 500 roaches sized 1/8" to 3/8" is $53.99 I don't know about shipping though but even then i consider that a decent deal for roaches

Colonies:

Founding:

Camponotus cf. Modoc

Camponotus cf. Herculeanus

Dream Ants:

Stenamma Diecki

Solenopsis Molesta

Manica Invidia

Camponotus Herculeanus

Lasius Latipes

Dorymyrmex Pyramicus

Tapinoma Sessile