• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

TN antkeeper queen sightings

tn tn antkeeper

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Offline xTNxANTMANx - Posted June 2 2018 - 10:43 PM

xTNxANTMANx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationWest TN
I am hoping there are enough TN antkeeper to keep this thread going lol. I haven't done much myself this year in terms of looking but I have seen a few males. I've also witnessed 3 big Solenopsis richteri nests having a nuptial flight. I wasn't able to stay much longer after seeing it taking place or I'd have hopefully caught a couple. Along with Camponotus castaneus, they are probably the only 2 species I am looking for or would be willing to trade/purchase from someone. (Solenopsis invicta would work as well) But yea, happy hunting everyone! Oh, and my signature will be updated soon...I let a few colonies go this year due to me also getting into other invert keeping...mainly tarantulas 😁
Keeping:
Camponotus subbarbatus
Camponotus pennsylvanicusx3 (founding)
Dorymyrmex bureni
Formica pallidefulva x3
Formica subsericea x4
Tetramorium immigrans

Have kept many other ant species but now keep over 100 tarantulas and other inverts! Mantids, centipedes, and scorpions to name a few 😁

#2 Offline Dotdispenser - Posted June 3 2018 - 5:44 AM

Dotdispenser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationMorristown, Tennessee
I am a Tennessee ant keeper and I’ll try to help keep this thread updated when I see flight info. But I’d like to show you this http://www.formicult...ant-clubthread/

Would love if you’d like to join!

Nurturer of:

• 1 Camponotus castaneus

• 1 Camponotus subbarbatus

• 1 Formica incerta

• 1 Formica subsericea

• 1 Crematogaster cf. ashmeadi

• 1 Crematogaster missouriensis

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users