• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

New tetramorium immigrans questions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline jsg994 - Posted May 17 2018 - 4:47 PM

jsg994

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Just found a tetramorium immigrans queen with a bunch of brood and 8-10 workers.  Should I keep the queen, brood, and workers in a test tube set up until more of the eggs hatch or is it ok to have an out world for the workers to forage for food for the queen?  Right now I have a test tube set up attached to a bead container out world I made.  There is food and water in the out world but don't know if it's too big!  Any suggestions on taking a queen, few workers and some brood from out in my lawn to into my house to start my own colony would be awesome!

Thanks!

• Mettcollsuss likes this

#2 Offline Mettcollsuss - Posted May 17 2018 - 6:48 PM

Mettcollsuss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

At 8-10 workers you should probably just feed them in the tube. Outworlds should be used once the colony is large enough that feeding it in the tube becomes impossible without escapes. How big is the outworld?

#3 Offline jsg994 - Posted May 18 2018 - 6:14 AM

jsg994

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

This is the exact container.  http://www.michaels....&sz=24&start=35

• Mettcollsuss likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users