• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Colobopsis Care

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Ferox_Formicae - Posted May 31 2018 - 6:43 PM

Ferox_Formicae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts
  • LocationProsperity, South Carolina

I just found a Colobopsis queen which is one of my dream ants, and I need some information of the genera. I've been looking online, but I haven't found anything. Thanks for the help!

Currently Keeping:

Camponotus chromaiodes, Camponotus nearcticus, Stigmatomma pallipesStrumigenys brevisetosaStrumigenys clypeataStrumigenys louisianaeStrumigenys membraniferaStrumigenys reflexaStrumigenys rostrata

All Strumigenys Journal

Shop

YouTube

Twitter

#2 Offline Ferox_Formicae - Posted May 31 2018 - 7:08 PM

Ferox_Formicae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

I just found out that she is C. impressa.

Currently Keeping:

Camponotus chromaiodes, Camponotus nearcticus, Stigmatomma pallipesStrumigenys brevisetosaStrumigenys clypeataStrumigenys louisianaeStrumigenys membraniferaStrumigenys reflexaStrumigenys rostrata

All Strumigenys Journal

Shop

YouTube

Twitter

#3 Offline super_oil - Posted June 1 2018 - 5:01 AM

super_oil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, Florida

I've caught C. Impressa queens but never successfully raised a colony, but Aaron has. You can check out Aaron's Colobopsis Impressa journal or talk to him in the ant keeping Discord server (his name on the server is Nora).

Journal link: http://www.formicult...pdated-3-25-18/

Discord server invite link: https://discordapp.com/invite/ZXFTVzD

Hope this helps!

Just a little boy that likes ants. I try my best to be mature and competent.

My Colonies

Camponotus floridanus

Crematogaster pinicola

#4 Offline Ferox_Formicae - Posted June 1 2018 - 7:55 AM

Ferox_Formicae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

I've caught C. Impressa queens but never successfully raised a colony, but Aaron has. You can check out Aaron's Colobopsis Impressa journal or talk to him in the ant keeping Discord server (his name on the server is Nora).

Journal link: http://www.formicult...pdated-3-25-18/

Discord server invite link: https://discordapp.com/invite/ZXFTVzD

Hope this helps!

Thanks, this information is very helpful, and I am going to try and raise her in a hollow twig if I can find one.

Currently Keeping:

All Strumigenys Journal

Shop

YouTube

Twitter

#5 Offline BMM - Posted June 1 2018 - 10:15 AM

BMM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

I have a C. impressa queen and I'm raising her in a small plastic tube. Growth has been slow so far this year, only three workers, so I'm still trying to figure out what conditions they prefer.

#6 Offline Ferox_Formicae - Posted June 2 2018 - 7:30 PM

Ferox_Formicae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

I just found 8 more queens and 2 males. One of the queens was dying and two of the other queens came over to her and started to clean her and care for her until she died. I'm guessing they were sister alates. Anyway, are they polygenic?

Currently Keeping:

All Strumigenys Journal

Shop

YouTube

Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users