• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Myrmecocystus testaceus <3

Myrmecocystus testaceus ONeill Regional Park Honeypot ants Orange County California dspdrew

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Offline dspdrew - Posted September 20 2013 - 2:25 PM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA
Saw some Myrmecocystus testaceus out in the middle of the day trying to drag a caterpillar back to their nest. It's crazy how slow they were going. I couldn't find the nest so I have no idea how far they were gonna drag it, but it took them 2 hours to move about 5 feet. I really want to get me a colony of these.

#2 Offline Alza - Posted October 13 2014 - 9:40 PM

Alza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationThe Village

nice 

#3 Offline Gregory2455 - Posted October 13 2014 - 9:44 PM

Gregory2455

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

nice 

This is from last year, now you are just posting on things in order to get more posts in. Really, post useful things, not just one word.

#4 Offline Tpro4 - Posted October 14 2014 - 6:02 AM

Tpro4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationNorth Hills, CA
You tell him greg
Remember Dragon Warrior, anything is possible when you have inner peace. - Master Shifu

Current Queens:
1 Unknown Pogomyemex
1 Solenopsis Xyloni

#5 Offline Alza - Posted October 14 2014 - 10:53 AM

Alza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationThe Village

lol. I'm going through everything not "just to get posts" 

#6 Offline Crystals - Posted October 14 2014 - 11:02 AM

Crystals

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts
  • LocationAthabasca, AB (Canada)

Alza, perhaps you might wish to consider the fact that you almost have as many posts as me, but, yet almost all of my posts contain helpful information or tutorials.  I have been on here since this forum started up, while you have only been here since August.

Many people will start to dismiss your thoughts simply because the last 300 posts have had no real information.

You are aware that you do not have to reply to every single topic, correct?

"Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astound the rest." -- Samuel Clemens

List of Handy Links   (pinned in the General section)

My Colonies

#7 Offline Alza - Posted October 14 2014 - 11:05 AM

Alza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationThe Village

its a way to show activity levels :)

#8 Offline Crystals - Posted October 14 2014 - 11:16 AM

Crystals

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts

its a way to show activity levels :)

There are better ways to show activity levels.  If you are online, you will show up in the "Members Online" at the bottom.  You could start your own journals.  If you were actually asking questions that were not mentioned previously in the thread, it would be fine.

This is a forum, not a chat.  Things like many of your random posts are fine in chat.  Posts in the forum will remain forever, cluttering up the threads.  Many of your posts are more annoying than observational or helpful.

"Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astound the rest." -- Samuel Clemens

My Colonies

#9 Offline Alza - Posted October 14 2014 - 11:43 AM

Alza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationThe Village

you can't get mad at someone for being active. 

#10 Offline Crystals - Posted October 14 2014 - 12:00 PM

Crystals

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts

We like active members - particularly those who show it in positive way.  There are better ways to show your activity, ways that will lead you to  becoming a better member of this forum.  Perhaps even being a respected member of this forum one day, but your current path will not see that happen.  When I log in and see that a full 75% of new posts are from you, I just sigh and shake my head.

Think of Dr. Ant or wook, they are valued members. All of their posts are insightful and full of knowledge. They do not post in every thread out there, and maybe their posts are far and few inbetween, but when someone sees that they posted something they actually stop to read it and see what they said.

No offense Alza, but my biggest issue is that some of your posts in various threads are becoming somewhat rude, particularly towards certain members. 

• dermy likes this

My Colonies

#11 Offline Alza - Posted October 14 2014 - 12:07 PM

Alza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationThe Village

I'm not on the forum to become respected by people, that doesent matter to me.

#12 Offline Gregory2455 - Posted October 14 2014 - 1:27 PM

Gregory2455

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
That weirdly does not surprise me.
  • dspdrew likes this

#13 Offline Alza - Posted October 14 2014 - 1:41 PM

Alza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationThe Village

if you live off of other peoples opinions then what's the point. 

#14 Offline Gregory2455 - Posted October 14 2014 - 2:16 PM

Gregory2455

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Who? Me?

#15 Offline Alza - Posted October 14 2014 - 3:51 PM

Alza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationThe Village

wasnt to anyone. I'm saying in general

#16 Offline dspdrew - Posted October 14 2014 - 3:51 PM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

Alza, it's great that you are active on the forum, and I have no problem with you replying to an old thread like this one, but can you please put more substance into your posts? I am getting tons of complaints from the other members about them. I don't see anything wrong with a one-word post, but when the majority of your posts are one-word posts, and you're posting five times more than anyone else here, that becomes a problem.

#17 Offline Alza - Posted October 14 2014 - 3:53 PM

Alza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationThe Village

i see. well tell me who they are and ill solve the problem 

#18 Offline dspdrew - Posted October 14 2014 - 4:09 PM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

No Alza, it doesn't work that way. The complains have to do with exactly what I told you in the last post, so the only way to solve the problem is to do what I suggested.

#19 Offline Alza - Posted October 14 2014 - 4:12 PM

Alza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationThe Village

nope, i think they specifically have a problem with me. Say you posted comments like i did, nobody would complain about that. but all of a sudden when i start being active its a problem. 

#20 Offline dspdrew - Posted October 14 2014 - 4:17 PM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

No Alza, it's your posts.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Myrmecocystus testaceus, ONeill Regional Park, Honeypot ants, Orange County, California, dspdrew

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users