• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Offline AntHUB - Posted November 20 2017 - 5:05 PM

AntHUB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationParker, Colorado

I am starting this topic to help the people who have recently caught a Pseudomyrmex queen or obtained a colony. since the care is similar to other ants that are arboreal, you can ask a question about tree-dwelling ants also. Also feel free to ask about housing different Pseudomyrmex ants.

President & founder of LHS Entomology Club, (available on discord) Check out my photography website! https://www.armyofinsects.com/ Email me with questions

at jk@uglyorangetruck.com (funny email, I know)

#2 Offline Phillip Chivers - Posted July 26 2019 - 10:26 AM

Phillip Chivers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I think I found a Pseudomyrmex pallidus queen...

She is long and skinny, light orange with long oval eyes.

I have her for 3 days now. She still has wings (will she lose them?).  How do you know if she is fertilized?

She has taken honey, sugar water and apple sauce. She is very active during the day.

Right now she's in a tall shot glass with water in bottom and cotton over that, then her living area.

I have a few hollow twigs that she stays in during the night and sometimes during the day.

Any tips would be welcome and I'd be grateful.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pseudomyrmex, ant care, ants, care of arboreal ants, arboreal ants, twig ants, polygenus colonies, semi-claustral queens, captive colony growth, captive mating

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users