• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Theantguy's Myrmecocystus romainei Journal

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Offline TheAntGuy - Posted August 4 2021 - 2:28 AM

TheAntGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMoreno Valley California

04/08/2021 (dd/mm/yyyy)

Hey all!

Caught 14 queens of this species about a week ago, they had flown about an hour prior. Got more than 14 originally but gave some away and some died. Really hoping they do well as I really enjoy their color and markings. I'd love to see repletes as well.

For those wondering how I ID'd them, I am going based off location collected and comparison to the pictures from Drew's Journal on this species. Assuming he Keyed them out correctly in 2015, these are most definitely the same thing, as the queens I collected are identical to the one from that journal. 

Pictures coming soon :)

• Zeiss and TestSubjectOne like this
Check out my journals, instagram, and youtube channel.

Insta: @theantguy17

Youtube: The Ant Guy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users