• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Hi From Downingtown, PA

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Crash - Posted August 10 2017 - 5:35 AM

Crash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationDowningtown, PA

Hello fellow ant nerds!  My name is Mike and I have been ant keeping for about 3 years now. I have always kept reptiles, tarantulas, lizards, and all sorts of other exotic pets growing up. During my time in college I lived in AZ and worked for the fish and game catching "problem" rattlesnakes. Now that I am a "adult" I have found a new love for all things myrmecology and really enjoy queen hunting, reminds me of the good old days of snake hunting in AZ.  I am always looking for some new ant hunting buddies so if you are in the Philadelphia area and want to go queen hunting, feel free to message me. 

Cheers!

Mike

#2 Offline Exels1 - Posted August 11 2017 - 7:06 PM

Exels1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia
Hey mike! Met you today! How the tetramorium queens is don't well!
Keeper of:
pheidole sp.
lasius flavus
camponotus noveboracensis
Aphaenogaster Sp.

I’m employing the bullet ants. Hapanera-clamda-mana-merna. I don’t remember what it’s called but I feel bad for this guy. -Scott Lang

#3 Offline Memelord - Posted August 16 2017 - 1:39 PM

Memelord

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I just a young kid but I would love to join you in ant hunting next time you go

#4 Offline Crash - Posted August 27 2017 - 2:42 PM

Crash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationDowningtown, PA

Hey mike! Met you today! How the tetramorium queens is don't well!

She is doing great! She is up to 10 workers, thanks for asking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users