• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Solonopsis molesta help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Aquaexploder - Posted August 14 2017 - 9:45 AM

Aquaexploder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationRhode Island
Sorry for my inactivity, I was away at camp. Ok getting to the point, I have a Solonopsis molesta queen that laid eggs about two weeks ago. When I came back from camp yesterday the eggs were no longer there. I can't think of a reason why she would eat them. I left her undisturbed for a week in a dark warm area. Anyone have any ideas?

#2 Offline AntsMaryland - Posted August 14 2017 - 10:59 AM

AntsMaryland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • LocationMaryland

i don't know. I caught what I think is a S. Molesta queen yesterday. How long does it ussually take for them to lay eggs?

Aphaenogaster cf. rudis 

Tetramorium immigrans 

Tapinoma sessile

Formica subsericea

Pheidole sp.

Camponotus nearcticus

#3 Offline ultraex2 - Posted August 15 2017 - 1:34 PM

ultraex2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Sometimes queens will just fail even if they are fertile.  I had 1 P. Imparis queen that was caught back in mid April and it still has eggs, while some of the other queens have close to 30 workers and brood.  One of the P. Imparis even has a single worker and no eggs - not sure what happened to that queen, either.

#4 Offline AntsMaryland - Posted August 15 2017 - 3:02 PM

AntsMaryland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Ok, on average how long does it take a lasius queen to lay eggs?

Aphaenogaster cf. rudis 

Tetramorium immigrans 

Tapinoma sessile

Formica subsericea

Pheidole sp.

Camponotus nearcticus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users