• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

New Ant Keeper from PA

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Offline r.shirillz - Posted November 27 2016 - 5:01 PM

r.shirillz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hello! My little story I always give is that I have been interested in this hobby for about two years, but I have finally gotten some equipment. Just in case you are wondering, I have a custom mini hearth from THA, and only five test tubes, with some other extra supplies. My next step is to collect ants this coming nuptial flight. I'm interested in keeping one or possibly two colonies, and selling my surplus queens every year. I plan on either making my own formicaria soon, as I am not completely happy with THA or AC formicarium completely. I am also looking for other companies, and I have heard of byFormica, but they don't have formicaria on their Amazon page. Anyway, last but not least, I would like to be introduced to other PA members, and also any company/business owners because I don't know your usernames and I am always looking for another company to check out. Thanks!

#2 Offline Solenoqueen - Posted November 27 2016 - 8:00 PM

Solenoqueen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Welcome to the forum, mate!

Always nice to see fresh meat, whoops, aspiring anters in this forum. I would check out some AC(AntsCanada) GAN Farmers for antkeepers around you. We also have a big anting community here, so feel free to ask any questions about anting and be prepared to answer some questions also.

Again, welcome to Formiculture!

:>

#3 Offline Kevin - Posted November 28 2016 - 3:42 AM

Kevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts
  • LocationSouth Jersey
Welcome to formiculture. I actually have some formicaria in beta testing, and they should be available soon.

Hit "Like This" if it helped.

#4 Offline r.shirillz - Posted November 28 2016 - 6:59 AM

r.shirillz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi Kevin! I hope you get this reply. At the time I am typing it I don't know if you will be notified, but this is all I know how to do at the moment. Anyway I was going to ask if you have a brand or a website, or anything of that nature. Thanks in advance.

#5 Offline Goldsystem - Posted December 1 2016 - 12:45 PM

Goldsystem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationWichita Kansas
http://www.117colonies.com

This site is owned by loops(a member here) it's very cool he makes good stuff

Edited by Goldsystem, December 1 2016 - 12:45 PM.

#6 Offline swayvos-ants - Posted July 5 2017 - 12:57 PM

swayvos-ants

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Locationpittsburgh

this is great to hear a new anter ...haha i am the same as you but does anyone know where i could buy queens or small colonys in Pennsylvania ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users