• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

May have finally found a queen (dealate).

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline ace2184 - Posted July 13 2017 - 12:46 PM

ace2184

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationWashington State
Hey everyone. Was walking around at work this morning and happened across a queen walking around, wings still on. I had her walk on to a piece of cardboard while I went to my car and grabbed a test tube. Pretty exciting, been looking off and on over the last couple months, it may be a drone, though feeling confident it's a queen. Then later today I found another walking upstairs to my office. Unfortunately I don't have a second test tube so I may let her go. When I get a chance I'll submit a proper ID post.

Queen? https://imgur.com/gallery/JeGf0

Edited by ace2184, July 13 2017 - 12:50 PM.

#2 Offline Nathant2131 - Posted July 13 2017 - 12:48 PM

Nathant2131

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationDracut, Massachusetts

That's a queen! Tetramorium from the looks of it, but a proper ID request with more info would be ideal. Just remember to follow the template, then you can get a more accurate ID.

• ace2184 likes this

#3 Offline ace2184 - Posted July 13 2017 - 12:52 PM

ace2184

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationWashington State

That's a queen! Tetramorium from the looks of it, but a proper ID request with more info would be ideal. Just remember to follow the template, then you can get a more accurate ID.

Well that's exciting. When I clock out I plan on submitting an actual ID request with the template. Unfortunately I only have one test tube, wondering if I should let the second one go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users