• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Oecophylla on Landline

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Kit - Posted March 4 2017 - 7:05 AM

Kit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationNemo's Antisemitic Universe
Just saw a show on Landline, a program about the agriculture industry, and it was all about our little friend the green tree ant aka oecophylla.

I used to post a lot about OS on ant keeping forum, but all the old posts have gone missing so will post here instead.

Anyway the landline program was all about the potential of OS, how they are selling for $600 a kilo!

Now what really annoys me is I sent a long email with a detailed business plan and tons of referenes to scientific studies about OS to a handful of insect businesses, including thr business mentioned in the landline program.

Now what gets me, is prior to my email this australian bush tucker business never had OS for sale on their website, but now after my email they do.

This wouldn't annoy me if they had at least,acknowledged they got my email, but they didn't.I never got a reply back, and it irkes me they are now boasting about selling the ants for $600 a kilo.

The whole reason I approached them was because I had the domains for OS, and being the cash scrapped naive gentile I am I offered to sell them the domains so they could use them to herd traffic to their website, helping their business.

They never got back to me, so luckily for me I own the domains.

So note to everyone, keep your good ideas to yourself!
  • Martialis likes this

#2 Offline Kit - Posted March 4 2017 - 7:08 AM

Kit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
I think what gets me most is how the governmrnt here only encorages "indigenous" to profit from native animals. The story framed the ants as a indigenius product that could be usrd to get them out of poverty.

Last time I checked it wasnt the indigenous doing all the research on them.

It irkes me because it is this type of thing that preventef me from pursuing the first ever commercial OS farm, as I knew I would be painted as a white colonizer taking advantage of the innocent natives.

A big up yours ABC.

http://www.abc.net.a...17/s4626398.htm

Edited by Kit, March 4 2017 - 7:20 AM.

• Martialis likes this

#3 Offline Martialis - Posted March 4 2017 - 3:47 PM

Martialis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts
  • LocationMississippi

I don't see how that may stop you. It would be very possible to incorporate the native population of Australia into your business, would it not?

Spoiler

#4 Offline Kit - Posted March 4 2017 - 7:02 PM

Kit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
Well I tried applying for a permit to farm OS and just got ignored. I am just tired of the two sets of rules we have for whites vs everyone else in this country.

I am tired of the whites who perpetuate this politically correct facade that handicaps whites.

I am homless living in my car, but nobody gives a damn about an unsuccessful white guy. Yet we all love to extol the victim status of a pair of indigenous ex afl players who have known nothing but lucrative contracts, and yet who have the audacity to say only their people have a right to this resource.

I am sick, because I just knew any story about these ants would be framed like it was in the abc story.

I am sick of being turned down for jobs because of my race and gender.

Nobody will remember the white dreamer, who could never catch a break from his fellow white peers, destined to dissappear into the ether.

You have no idea how frustrating it is having a successful idea and not having the money to enact it. And getting NO support from anyone.

And then seeing your idea on TV selling for lucrative prices. While you live from day to day scratching out a miserable existence in your car.

It is only till you hit rock bottom do you realuze how warped our society is with affirmative action and other discrimatory policies. I will applaud the demise of the society that abandoned me.
  • Martialis likes this

#5 Offline Alabama Anter - Posted March 4 2017 - 8:12 PM

Alabama Anter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationBoulder, Colorado

Ok.... :*( 

YJK

#6 Offline T.C. - Posted March 4 2017 - 9:28 PM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Well I tried applying for a permit to farm OS and just got ignored. I am just tired of the two sets of rules we have for whites vs everyone else in this country.
I am tired of the whites who perpetuate this politically correct facade that handicaps whites.
I am homless living in my car, but nobody gives a damn about an unsuccessful white guy. Yet we all love to extol the victim status of a pair of indigenous ex afl players who have known nothing but lucrative contracts, and yet who have the audacity to say only their people have a right to this resource.
I am sick, because I just knew any story about these ants would be framed like it was in the abc story.
I am sick of being turned down for jobs because of my race and gender.
Nobody will remember the white dreamer, who could never catch a break from his fellow white peers, destined to dissappear into the ether.
You have no idea how frustrating it is having a successful idea and not having the money to enact it. And getting NO support from anyone.
And then seeing your idea on TV selling for lucrative prices. While you live from day to day scratching out a miserable existence in your car.
It is only till you hit rock bottom do you realuze how warped our society is with affirmative action and other discrimatory policies. I will applaud the demise of the society that abandoned me.

Sounds like you just experienced the real world.
  • Martialis and Alabama Anter like this
“If I am killed for simply living, let death be kinder than man.” -Althea Davis

#7 Offline Kit - Posted May 29 2017 - 6:20 AM

Kit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Anyway I am selling these domains at a drastic discount to get rid of them. They could be a valuable online asset in the future if this ant ever becomes commercialized and sold in large quantities in China and India.

If you know ants then you know this is an edible insect that is popular in Asia and has huge future growth potential as a high value commodity in Asia and has an immense volume of research papers backing these claims up. It has almost no value outside of Asia, so don't try and create products and market them at Westerners - it won't work. You need to create products and market them to people who traditionally eat them. Even if that means specializing in selling them in ethnic marketplaces in the West. 

It is currently selling for $600 per kilo here in Australia as a high end luxury restaurant garnish according to this article:

http://www.abc.net.a...ra-bite/8277414

I had this idea of farming them and selling the larva to Asia and making a tea from the freeze dried adults and selling it as a natural sherbet tea in Asia where this ant has been used as a traditional medicine( look at figures for tea consumption in China and India to see this is a market with real potential).

These are farmed in Indonesia, simply search youtube for 'kroto' to discover their immense potential.

I am looking to sell all these premium domains today as a bulk lot. They need to go today or no point me selling them as I need the money tomorrow. I am asking for Australian Dollars $180. All domains are listed privately and don't expire until Jan 2018. These are registered with GoDaddy and I will get GoDaddy to initiate the transfer once the payment hits my PayPal account.

oecophylla.com
oecophylla.org
oecophylla.net
oecophyllasmaragdina.com
oecophyllasmaragdina.org
oecophyllasmaragdina.net
oecophyllalonginoda.com
oecophyllalonginoda.org
oecophyllalongindoa.net

Edited by Kit, May 29 2017 - 6:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users