• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Hello from Scotland!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline kjarva - Posted March 9 2017 - 3:30 AM

kjarva

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to drop by and say hello as I am currently waiting on my very first formicarium and Lasius Niger queen. I am brand new to the world of ants and though I've been used to seeing them around the garden for years, myself and my husband were visiting the National Museum of Scotland and they had a colony of leafcutter ants on display. They were so interesting I could have literally stood there and watched them all day!

Much as I'd love to jump into a rare and wonderful species like the leafcutters, I am not going to run before I can walk, so from reading these and other forums, Lasius Niger seems to be the ideal starter species. I'm quite excited and can't wait to get started with my queen and little batch of workers.

• Nathant2131 likes this

#2 Online Nathant2131 - Posted March 9 2017 - 3:41 AM

Nathant2131

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationDracut, Massachusetts
Welcome!

#3 Offline Leo - Posted March 9 2017 - 3:57 AM

Leo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

welcome from china!

#4 Offline Alabama Anter - Posted March 9 2017 - 7:27 AM

Alabama Anter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationBoulder, Colorado

Welcome from the far South! I agree with Lasius niger being a good starter! Good luck.

YJK

#5 Offline OmniusClone - Posted March 25 2017 - 11:00 PM

OmniusClone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationLindsay, CA
Welcome from California!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users