• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Trachymyrmex septentrionalis care

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Offline PIEsaurus - Posted July 13 2019 - 1:59 PM

PIEsaurus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationElkins West Virginia

I just caught a Trachymyrmex septentrionalis Queen from a nuptial flight and was wondering how to take care of it? I Know its a fungus growing ant so i was wondering if it needs special care.

#2 Offline David19 - Posted July 16 2019 - 6:41 AM

David19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

She needs to be kept in a container that holds humidity. There are some great Trachymyrmex keeping journals here on this forum. I would copy there designs if I were you. She will need caterpillar frass to start her fungus garden. Sorry if this doesn't answer much of your questions. I am very busy at the moment. I will get back to you on this later if you haven't found what you are looking for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users