• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Formicarium Updates

brachymyrmex formicarium

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Bracchymyrmex - Posted January 30 2017 - 7:55 PM

Bracchymyrmex

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, Pennsylvania

Hopefully this thread is able to show the process of my formicarium building. I am starting by placing a round piece of cork in a petri dish. Soon I will cut out "tunnels" for the ant in the cork. The cork will serve as a hydration media for the formicarium.

vubMO

EDIT: Sorry, I cannot seem to get the picture to load in the thread, you will have to click the icon above. If you know how to make the image appear in the thread please let me know. Thank you.

Edited by Bracchymyrmex, January 30 2017 - 7:57 PM.

• Martialis likes this

#2 Offline Martialis - Posted January 30 2017 - 8:01 PM

Martialis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts
  • LocationMississippi

The ants can also carve their own tunnels.

Spoiler

#3 Offline antgenius123 - Posted January 30 2017 - 8:01 PM

antgenius123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Hopefully this thread is able to show the process of my formicarium building. I am starting by placing a round piece of cork in a petri dish. Soon I will cut out "tunnels" for the ant in the cork. The cork will serve as a hydration media for the formicarium.

vubMO

EDIT: Sorry, I cannot seem to get the picture to load in the thread, you will have to click the icon above. If you know how to make the image appear in the thread please let me know. Thank you.

On the edit tab you will see a small image box next to the code bar, click it and insert a direct link of the image.

RQWvsXt.png?1

Edited by antgenius123, January 30 2017 - 8:19 PM.

Currently own:
(1x) Camponotus Sp.
(1x) Pheidole aurivillii (?)
(1x) Monomorium Sp. (?)

Other

#4 Offline VoidElecent - Posted January 31 2017 - 3:14 PM

VoidElecent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA.