• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Any ant farmers in Washington State?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Arrowscotch - Posted January 16 2017 - 8:38 PM

Arrowscotch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationLynnWood Washington

I'm looking for some fellow ant farmers in Washington state to talk to and to possibly buy a colony from. If anyone knows one or is one please let me know.

• Shareallicu likes this

#2 Offline Shareallicu - Posted January 23 2017 - 3:51 PM

Shareallicu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Hi, I'm in Lynnwood too.  I just started up this hobby (again) late last summer, so I would like to know more about local hobbyists too.  I noticed there are currently no GAN farmers here though :(  I guess we can just keep checking back at Antscanada's website for updates.

Oh well, I found one queen (formica podzolica) last September and have her hibernating right now.  Hopefully she gives me a colony hehe.

#3 Offline Arrowscotch - Posted January 24 2017 - 3:48 PM

Arrowscotch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

There is a GAN farmer that is fairly local, he unfortunately lost all of his colonies this winter due to storms and unfortunate events.

• Shareallicu likes this

#4 Offline Canadian anter - Posted January 24 2017 - 6:38 PM

Canadian anter

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts
  • LocationToronto,Canada

There is a GAN farmer that is fairly local, he unfortunately lost all of his colonies this winter due to storms and unfortunate events.

how does one lose a captive colony to a storm? I'm assuming he kept his colonies outside but isn't that a little dangerous?
  • Shareallicu, T.C. and Ricardo like this
Visit us at www.canada-ant-colony.com !

#5 Offline Shareallicu - Posted January 25 2017 - 3:37 PM

Shareallicu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Oh weird, they must have been kept outside or maybe he lost power that kept them warm....  I hope he can get back up and farming soon! 

#6 Offline Arrowscotch - Posted January 26 2017 - 12:12 AM

Arrowscotch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Yea he had them in an outbuilding that got destroyed. 

#7 Offline Shareallicu - Posted January 27 2017 - 11:14 AM

Shareallicu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Yea he had them in an outbuilding that got destroyed. 

Oh wow, that sucks :(

#8 Offline Arrowscotch - Posted January 27 2017 - 12:55 PM

Arrowscotch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Now that i have around 10 queens i might decide to start selling them. as a GAN farmer of course.

Edited by Arrowscotch, January 27 2017 - 12:56 PM.

#9 Offline Shareallicu - Posted January 27 2017 - 4:56 PM

Shareallicu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Now that i have around 10 queens i might decide to start selling them. as a GAN farmer of course.

Wow, I must be in a bad place for ants.  I went out again and just found a lot of pill bugs.

#10 Offline RenDragon - Posted February 17 2017 - 9:46 PM

RenDragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Check under pillbugs. I have overturned logs and stones to find pillbugs AND ants under them in holes.

• Shareallicu likes this

#11 Offline Shareallicu - Posted March 13 2017 - 7:03 PM

Shareallicu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Check under pillbugs. I have overturned logs and stones to find pillbugs AND ants under them in holes.

I keep finding a lot of pill bugs but no ants...yet :)  It has still been frozen out so maybe in a week or two

#12 Offline MrWeather - Posted July 14 2017 - 12:16 PM

MrWeather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationBellevue, WA

Hey i just joined formiculture! I'm from Bellevue and I'm trying to get back into the hobby! so count me in:)

• Shareallicu likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users