• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Dspdrew's Ant Colony Sale - California

606 replies to this topic

#81 Offline dspdrew - Posted September 12 2014 - 4:04 PM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

go more in depth, are you saying if i bought a rugosus for 40$ i could get xyloni for 10 ?

20 *

If you look at my actual listings, it should be quite clear, in addition to the fact that I pretty much spelled it out ("that would be a 50% price break for any additional P. rugosus, or Camponotus sp.2.") the price break (if there is one) is written in parenthesis directly after the price on each specific item.

#82 Offline Alza - Posted September 12 2014 - 4:06 PM

Alza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationThe Village

I'm piecing that together right now mate 

#83 Offline dspdrew - Posted September 13 2014 - 10:26 AM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

Okay, after thinking about Alza's question, I changed it again. I'll sell some of these now for half price as long as you buy at least one of something else. :P

#84 Offline Alza - Posted September 13 2014 - 10:32 AM

Alza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationThe Village

:D 

#85 Offline Alza - Posted September 13 2014 - 10:34 AM

Alza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationThe Village

so if i bought two rugosus's it would only be 40$ ? that's a deal i would take any day. OR is it only 50% off one ??? i would still take it 

#86 Offline dspdrew - Posted September 13 2014 - 10:38 AM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

Haha, okay, maybe I need to be even more specific... 50% off w/ full price purchase of at least 1 of any colony/species available.

#87 Offline Alza - Posted September 13 2014 - 10:55 AM

Alza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationThe Village

i see, i see.

#88 Offline Alza - Posted September 13 2014 - 11:00 AM

Alza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationThe Village

so 50% off from rugosus, and sp. If i bought one of both would that end up being 40$ ???

#89 Offline dspdrew - Posted September 13 2014 - 11:46 AM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

Here's the deal. If I already have to meet up with someone to deliver their ants (any colony/species)  that they bought at regular price, I'm willing (for right now) to sell them any of those 50%-off colonies for half price, how ever many they want.

#90 Offline Alza - Posted September 16 2014 - 5:57 AM

Alza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationThe Village

Your camponotus SP seems to be Camponotus ocreatus. ill be buying that soon now that its 100% not an SP

#91 Offline dspdrew - Posted September 16 2014 - 9:06 AM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

They "seem" to be a few different species, but without properly keying them out on a microscope there is noway to know for sure. Even doing so, still did not bring me to a conclusion, or any of the experts that looked at my microscope pictures of the specific features needed to get an ID. Also, it actually is 100% a species.

#92 Offline Gregory2455 - Posted September 16 2014 - 2:18 PM

Gregory2455

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Your camponotus SP seems to be Camponotus ocreatus. ill be buying that soon now that its 100% not an SP

You can't ID a species just like that Alza, you have to be sure. I use, and I am pretty sure Drew also uses a microscope.

#93 Offline Tpro4 - Posted October 4 2014 - 10:06 PM

Tpro4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationNorth Hills, CA
Din't know how to respond
Remember Dragon Warrior, anything is possible when you have inner peace. - Master Shifu

Current Queens:
1 Unknown Pogomyemex
1 Solenopsis Xyloni

#94 Offline Gregory2455 - Posted October 4 2014 - 10:30 PM

Gregory2455

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Respond to what?

#95 Offline Tpro4 - Posted October 4 2014 - 10:48 PM

Tpro4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
Alza
Remember Dragon Warrior, anything is possible when you have inner peace. - Master Shifu

Current Queens:
1 Unknown Pogomyemex
1 Solenopsis Xyloni

#96 Offline Gregory2455 - Posted October 4 2014 - 10:56 PM

Gregory2455

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

It is true, its annoying when he thinks it is a species based on a youtube video, but I will not explain the whole thing because that feeds the troll.

#97 Offline Tpro4 - Posted October 6 2014 - 7:18 PM

Tpro4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
Can you make your prices like Crystals?

Current Queens:
1 Unknown Pogomyemex
1 Solenopsis Xyloni

#98 Offline Crystals - Posted October 7 2014 - 6:06 AM

Crystals

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts
  • LocationAthabasca, AB (Canada)

My prices are dirt cheap because I lowered the price to make them move before they become more work.  (Really, who needs 80 colonies of Camponotus herculeanus?)

Most of the species I sell are the most common species in my location and are also the easiest ants to care for.

Drew's prices are better than most ant stores. If I were in California, I would be tempted to stop by and see his collection.

My prices are so low because I am in an area with very little interest in proper ant care.  I am also 2 hours from the nearest town with more than 2 traffic lights, so my prices have to very low just to get people to contact me and be willing to wait until I can get into the city.

My prices do not cover the costs of raising the colonies, I just want most of my surplus ones gone so I can enjoy my personal colonies more.

"Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astound the rest." -- Samuel Clemens

List of Handy Links   (pinned in the General section)

My Colonies

#99 Offline dspdrew - Posted October 7 2014 - 5:29 PM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

After having to delete another whole page of BS resulting from this, I left your post here so others hopefully (even though it apparently isn't working so far) will realize that this thread isn't the place to complain about my prices. I have already given you that thread too. In addition to everything Crystal said, she is not part of the GAN Project, and therefor does not give a percentage of the money to Mikey Bustos like I do.

#100 Offline Tpro4 - Posted October 7 2014 - 5:35 PM

Tpro4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
Oh that makes so much more sense why you charge more now srry.

Current Queens:
1 Unknown Pogomyemex
1 Solenopsis Xyloni

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users