• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Are there any trap jaw species in California?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Flyingtouchdown - Posted September 4 2017 - 2:13 PM

Flyingtouchdown

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
So I've wanted to keep trap jaw ants for a long time but I live in California. I've looked around the internet and haven't found any species that live here so I was just wondering if anyone here in ca has seen or caught any species of trap jaw ants

#2 Offline LC3 - Posted September 4 2017 - 2:52 PM

LC3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

2 species of Strumigenys are found in California, Strumigenys is a small leaf litter ant that hunts small arthropods like springtails, I think you'll have to go to old forests with plenty of leaf litter in order to find them.

• Martialis likes this

#3 Offline Flyingtouchdown - Posted September 4 2017 - 4:31 PM

Flyingtouchdown

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Thx I'll do some reasearch on them

#4 Offline Flyingtouchdown - Posted September 4 2017 - 5:18 PM

Flyingtouchdown

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Do u know if there in northern or southern ca I can only find that they live in ca not specifically where

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users