• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Heating Cables

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline MrPurpleB - Posted November 7 2016 - 5:55 PM

MrPurpleB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

I am interested in buying a heating cable for my ant colony.

I would just like to know what is the recommended wattage for a small founding colony?  

#2 Offline Jash - Posted November 7 2016 - 6:55 PM

Jash

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

I purchased this cable: https://www.amazon.c...t/dp/B001LQUZAM.

Works really well and is long enough to use for multiple colonies.

#3 Offline drtrmiller - Posted November 7 2016 - 7:02 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts
Wattage doesn't affect maximum temperature for reptile heating cables. Longer cables will require more watts. They're all the same temperature, so just choose whatever length you need.

byFormica® is the manufacturer of the iconic nectar feeders and Sunburst Ant Nectar.
byFormica ant products always deliver consistent performance, convenience,
and reliability, making them among the most beloved ant foods and kit enjoyed by
ant keeping enthusiasts worldwide. For more information, visit www.byFormica.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users