• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Forelius pruinosus

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Offline Bryce - Posted February 6 2018 - 8:17 PM

Bryce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationPhoenix Az
IMG 20180204 144209
Album: Forelius pruinosus
6 images
0 comments

Thought I would start a journal on these little girls. The colony has 3 Queens and around 70+ workers at the moment. I have moved them in a 2.5 gallon aquarium. I wanted a natural setup for them. They nest under rocks in the open, so that was what I tried to mimic.  The protein they perfer to eat is termites and spiders, alive or dead. Cooked chicken, turkey, tuna. They don't bother much with crickets or mealworms. Sugars they like,hummingbird food, byformica ant nector, apples and sugar water. I haven't found anything sweet they don't like. They do indeed like it hot and dry. I keep the nest at 92+ deg.  With  a heating cable. They become very inactive or just go under  their rock at room temperature, or when I mist them. They don't forage at night.  Over all I do enjoy keeping these. I will keep this updated. And will start others on some of my other colonies. 

Edited by Bryce, February 6 2018 - 8:18 PM.

• Herdo likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users