• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

How often is it okay for me to see my Queens.

queens

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Offline CamponotusLover - Posted October 18 2016 - 3:05 PM

CamponotusLover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, USA

So I have all 4 queens in a shady cardbard material shady thing. And I want to know when is the earliest okay time I can see them. Like on a rate.

Maybe every other day? Or Every 2 days? Or every 3 days or every week? 

I guess you could say, it is hard for me to stay away from em long time, one reason being that this is my first time with queens. The second reason is because I am soo worried they all will die. Third reason is I am a VERY impatient person, when it comes to waiting for something I LOVE, every 5 minutes feels like an hour.

#2 Offline Alabama Anter - Posted October 18 2016 - 3:34 PM

Alabama Anter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationBoulder, Colorado
lol same here so what I do is check once when it fells like it's time to. Eventually u will get bored o checking on them every hour and u just checking them every day that's for me anyway. Just my 2 cents

YJK

#3 Offline CamponotusLover - Posted October 18 2016 - 3:40 PM

CamponotusLover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

lol same here so what I do is check once when it fells like it's time to. Eventually u will get bored o checking on them every hour and u just checking them every day that's for me anyway. Just my 2 cents

hm

#4 Offline Kevin - Posted October 18 2016 - 4:18 PM

Kevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts
  • LocationSouth Jersey

Yeah, try every week. They most likely won't do anything until spring at this point anyway, so I'd get them into hibernation.

Hit "Like This" if it helped.

#5 Offline Canadian anter - Posted October 18 2016 - 5:31 PM

Canadian anter

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts
  • LocationToronto,Canada

I do the same thing except I normally check 2 ant colonies per day so they all have a good amount of time alone
Visit us at www.canada-ant-colony.com !

#6 Offline CamponotusLover - Posted October 18 2016 - 5:39 PM

CamponotusLover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

I do the same thing except I normally check 2 ant colonies per day so they all have a good amount of time alone

Oh so you check them once a day? Maybe that is a good choice too. But I might do a week.

#7 Offline CallMeCraven - Posted October 18 2016 - 7:11 PM

CallMeCraven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationElko, NV

I personally go for a week at a time without checking mine. I figure the least amount of stress I can cause her, the better she will be in the end. Then again she will be moving to the back of my fridge soon, unless I find a spot in my garage, so she will at least be getting shaken more often. I figure if she is getting her sleep, she may be oblivious to my horrible eating habits :D.

Current Colony:

4x Camponotus (hyatti?)

Harmony with land is like harmony with a friend; you cannot cherish his right hand and chop off his left.

-Aldo Leopold

#8 Offline CamponotusLover - Posted October 18 2016 - 7:18 PM

CamponotusLover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

I personally go for a week at a time without checking mine. I figure the least amount of stress I can cause her, the better she will be in the end. Then again she will be moving to the back of my fridge soon, unless I find a spot in my garage, so she will at least be getting shaken more often. I figure if she is getting her sleep, she may be oblivious to my horrible eating habits :D.

XD lol  rofl  rofl

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: queens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users