• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Formicarium IN outworld- help needed

formicarium outworld

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline CamponotusLover - Posted October 7 2016 - 6:57 PM

CamponotusLover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, USA

So I have been planning to do one of those outworlds that has a formicarium inside of it. Y'know? Anyhow. I want to make the formicarium out of grout. And the surface of the outworld out of soil. But I want to make sure my ants don't dig in the soil. Any suggestion on how to keep them from digging in the soil? Here is a picture of what kind of Formicarium-in-Outworld looks like just in case you don't know.

IMG_22519443b.JPG

BUT WAIT! that's NOT ALL! I know you are looking at this and thinking "Well there's your anwser, just make a thin layer of soil above the grout" well I can't use too much grout because it is expensive BUT. I can use a decent amount to make like 2-3 inches think of grout. so enough to make decently sized tunnels. But I still have a decent amount of space inside the rest of the outworld. Any ideas?

#2 Offline Kevin - Posted October 8 2016 - 3:37 AM

Kevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts
  • LocationSouth Jersey

Make a 4x4 formicarium and silicone it to the front of an outworld like the tha fortress formicarium. Also, where did you find that formicarium in the picture?

Hit "Like This" if it helped.

#3 Offline CamponotusLover - Posted October 8 2016 - 8:10 AM

CamponotusLover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, USA

Make a 4x4 formicarium and silicone it to the front of an outworld like the tha fortress formicarium. Also, where did you find that formicarium in the picture?

I don't want to glue it to the front. I want it inside. Well. I think I got a solution anyway, Maybe I will place the formicarium inside. And for the rest of the space in the outworld I will put like a brick. And at the very top I will add a thin layer of soil. Thanks though!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: formicarium, outworld

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users