• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

What is the best way to keep a journal?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Water4 - Posted August 13 2016 - 8:27 AM

Water4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMaine

Looking for ideas. spread sheet, database, webpage, etc.? Format? Template?

Any thoughts for this newbie is appreciated.

#2 Offline Goldsystem - Posted August 13 2016 - 9:22 AM

Goldsystem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationWichita Kansas
Well idk about a format or template but I do know that pictures are the best way to make your journal more attractive.

#3 Offline gcsnelling - Posted August 13 2016 - 9:47 AM

gcsnelling

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

It really depends on what data you want to keep and what you are most comfortable with. I personally think that using a note book along with a digital format is the best way to go.

#4 Offline sgheaton - Posted August 15 2016 - 4:57 AM

sgheaton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

I've changed my mind on it...I think like twice now. Currently I view it as simply my "record of events". I'm not writing about them at home - Really just when I'm at work to waste some time. Major updates constitute a thread-date change otherwise new entries just get a bold date and a small blurb of things. Do what YOU want. I think I copied the basic template of the queen ID on and slowly modified it over time into the lazy just for me, "Hey, this is what happened today."

Edit:
Though if you want to make Drew happy - post your pictures internally so that its like an easy reading newspaper :P

Edited by sgheaton, August 15 2016 - 10:11 AM.

"I'm the search bar! Type questions into me and I'll search within the forums for an answer!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users