• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Slight update to rule #3

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Offline dspdrew - Posted July 24 2016 - 9:58 AM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

I've noticed a lot of cussing on the forum lately that I have to keep editing it out. It's always been a rule here that we don't want cussing or profanity on the forum. Like most things here, this rule is not exactly based on my personal opinions (anyone that knows me certainly know this), but on a nice balance of what makes this forum more appealing to the majority of people. For anyone who hasn't noticed there are very few rules here, so it shouldn't be too hard to follow them. I've seen other forums out there where I don't even want to post, because I feel like it is almost impossible to not break one of their rules. Personally I think it's ridiculous.

So I don't know... maybe Rule 3 wasn't clear enough. I just added two more descriptive words to it, so it should be pretty clear now. I added "indecent" and "profane", defined the same way the FCC defines them.

3. No posting any messages that are obscene, indecent, profane, vulgar, sexually oriented, or violate any US laws.

As a reminder, this particular rule, like most of them doesn't apply in the chat room, but out of respect to one of our most valued moderators (Crystals), please don't use that kind of language when she is in there. If you do she might just give you the boot! :warning:

• dermy, ctantkeeper, Subverted and 3 others like this

#2 Offline Tpro4 - Posted July 25 2016 - 6:36 AM

Tpro4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationNorth Hills, CA
violate us laws??
Remember Dragon Warrior, anything is possible when you have inner peace. - Master Shifu

Current Queens:
1 Unknown Pogomyemex
1 Solenopsis Xyloni

#3 Offline dspdrew - Posted July 25 2016 - 6:39 AM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

violate us laws??

Yes.

#4 Offline Loops117 - Posted August 3 2016 - 8:09 AM

Loops117

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • LocationSouth Lyon, Michigan

You can't say "bomb" on the air plane, Tpro4.

#5 Offline WickedTico - Posted August 10 2016 - 5:21 PM

WickedTico

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationFlorida

you can't yell fire in a movie theater (unless there actually is one)

• ctantkeeper likes this

#6 Offline dspdrew - Posted August 10 2016 - 7:42 PM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

Maybe the rule isn't worded exactly right. What it means is no discussing or planning of illegal activity here.

#7 Offline Trailandstreet - Posted August 22 2016 - 10:58 AM

Trailandstreet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Ok, we got a small village here, it is called Oberfucking. Will it be banned too?

• drtrmiller likes this

:hi: Franz

if you find any mistakes, it's my autocorrection. it doesn't speak english.

#8 Offline dspdrew - Posted August 22 2016 - 5:35 PM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

Nope. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users