• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

I want to send some of my experiences raising ants And make friends

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline exs - Posted June 9 2016 - 2:27 AM

exs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Locationtokyo

Thank you see my post  I keep a lot of European and Asian ant

The first picture is Camponotus ligniperda It has a lot in Japan. It is the same with other Camponotus like to eat honey.

The second figure is Pheidole sinica It is unique to China. It really fragile of queen I challenge the third time it was successful.

The third image is Messor barburus Its vitality is very tenacious I just give it some seeds it can live well.

Last photo is Camponotus turcestanus It spawning is very slow but it is very beautiful.

I also kept Oecophylla smaragdina Messor capitatus Manica rubida Pheidologeton diversus Harpegnathos venator Camponotus japonicus pachycondyla rufipes Oiktergys sanyrai But I did not leave any photos.

My English is not very good I used translation

Attached Images

• 20140926_205335.jpg
  • 20140926_205516.jpg
  • 20140926_210024.jpg
  • 20140926_205838.jpg

Edited by dspdrew, June 9 2016 - 6:38 AM.
Removed duplicate text and fixed some punctuation.

• Foogoo and ferhat like this

#2 Offline drtrmiller - Posted June 9 2016 - 11:54 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

In what country do you live?  What is your native language?  I'm curious :)

byFormica® is the manufacturer of the iconic nectar feeders and Sunburst Ant Nectar.
byFormica ant products always deliver consistent performance, convenience,
and reliability, making them among the most beloved ant foods and kit enjoyed by
ant keeping enthusiasts worldwide. For more information, visit www.byFormica.com.

#3 Offline exs - Posted June 9 2016 - 8:45 PM

exs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Locationtokyo

In what country do you live?  What is your native language?  I'm curious :)

I live in Japan My father is Chinese My muther is Japanese I can speak Chinese and Japanese

#4 Offline drtrmiller - Posted June 9 2016 - 8:53 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

That's really awesome!  I was born in Japan :)

Do you happen to know of any forums that Japanese antkeepers visit, similar to this one?  Is antkeeping popular in Japan?

I know many people keep beetles in Japan, but I was always curious as to whether any other insects were popular.

Edited by drtrmiller, June 9 2016 - 8:53 PM.

byFormica® is the manufacturer of the iconic nectar feeders and Sunburst Ant Nectar.
byFormica ant products always deliver consistent performance, convenience,
and reliability, making them among the most beloved ant foods and kit enjoyed by
ant keeping enthusiasts worldwide. For more information, visit www.byFormica.com.

#5 Offline exs - Posted June 9 2016 - 8:56 PM

exs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Locationtokyo

That's really awesome!  I was born in Japan :)

Do you happen to know of any forums that Japanese antkeepers visit, similar to this one?  Is antkeeping popular in Japan?

I know many people keep beetles in Japan, but I was always curious as to whether any other insects were popular.

I think the beetles are very popular in Japan The forum, but I found it by accident Ants in Japan will be in primary school summer research support

The forum, but I found it by accident

The forum, but I found it by acciden

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users