• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Tenodera sinesis (Praying Mantis)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline i2chip - Posted May 9 2016 - 8:01 PM

i2chip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

I have 5 praying mantis nymphs, none of them have shed their exo for the first time yet. I've fed them 1 wingless fruit fly per day and it's very interesting watching them 'jump out' and grab the fly. I don't remember exactly when they hatched, but they're about a week old. I can't wait to see them grow!

I bought the egg cases online from amazon - http://www.amazon.co...t/dp/B004LTFMAY

DRHGstC.jpgyNyhxCt.jpg

Edited by i2chip, May 9 2016 - 8:57 PM.

• kellakk likes this

#2 Offline Kingjay - Posted May 21 2016 - 1:16 PM

Kingjay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationCharlotte,nc
Nice man.What did you search up on Amazon to get these guys

#3 Offline i2chip - Posted May 21 2016 - 1:45 PM

i2chip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Nice man.What did you search up on Amazon to get these guys

I put a link the the original post where you case buy the egg cases. (It was in my recommended list from Amazon btw haha)

I only kept two of them and only one of them have molted so far. I have been feeding them 1-2 wingless fruit flies every 1-2 days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users