• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

New Ant MMORPG campaign on IndieGoGo

ants war mmorpg

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Offline AntWarz - Posted December 28 2015 - 2:37 PM

AntWarz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

here is a link to my campaign on IndieGoGo.

http://igg.me/at/secretapp/x/7009732

I would appreciate any sharing on Facebook and with others! Thanks

I'm going to be learning all I can about ants and their behaviors so thanks in advance for any help and answers to questions...

Robin Aletras

AntWarz

#2 Offline Michaelofvancouver - Posted January 3 2016 - 5:39 PM

Michaelofvancouver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationVancouver

What exactly is the money for?

Also, how dedicated are you to this project.

Now I don't want to sound like a pessimist, but recently I've seen a couple of people come on this forum asking for funding for their ant games, but IIRC none of those were completed/released. :/

Here's my leopard gecko/ant youtube: https://goo.gl/cRAFbK

My ant website.

It contains a lot of information about ants, guides, videos, links, and more!

If you have any feedback, please post here or PM me, don't be shy!

I currently keep:

Camponotus modoc

Formica podzolica

#3 Offline dspdrew - Posted January 3 2016 - 5:54 PM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

There seems to be one about every three months.

#4 Offline Vendayn - Posted January 3 2016 - 8:49 PM

Vendayn

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts
  • LocationOrange County, California

To have a good kickstarter campaign (or whatever similar site), the page needs to have clear info AND screenshots of the game. This one seems more like drive by spam really, and the page mostly talks about the stupid cash shop and sounds too much like a dumb castle clash clone that is all about making money. In fact his entire page is really about buying stuff for the shop and why is it "top secret" "equity" in the donation page. And it has 0 funding lol.

Pretty sure this is one of those scam indiegogo startups, or thinking its a way to make a quick buck with a lame game that will never have a future. Either that, or just one of those drive by spammers like I said linking to a spam/scam indiegogo startup lol.

Funny no developer ever copies sim ant, and makes it more epic and bigger than Sim Ant...if they did any research, they'd see a lot of actual ant fans and sim fans did really enjoy Sim Ant. A nice sandboxy/open world ant game, either 2d or 3d and more choices of ants than sim ant and not just live in someones backyard or house, but able to go to forests and stuff. Almost every ant game or ant startup is just a dumb iphone or android app and so simplified. The only actually fun ant game that isn't really a cash grab is Ant Warz, and its made for kids and is an android app now, but at least there is more to it and not really a cash grab lol.

I've seen a couple ant games posted that people were making over on Antdude's forum that looked and sounded really good and weren't asking for money, but either the developer on them moved on, or its just super slow development.

• drtrmiller likes this

#5 Offline drtrmiller - Posted January 3 2016 - 9:05 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

100% Vendayn.

byFormica® is the manufacturer of the iconic nectar feeders and Sunburst Ant Nectar.
byFormica ant products always deliver consistent performance, convenience,
and reliability, making them among the most beloved ant foods and kit enjoyed by
ant keeping enthusiasts worldwide. For more information, visit www.byFormica.com.

#6 Offline Roachant - Posted January 4 2016 - 3:27 PM

Roachant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec, Canada
Soo many of these now... What's with the number of ant games lately?
And You guys are right, many have been announced, none completed. Including my own!
*sigh* wish I had the time to work on it again after seeing all these games come and go.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ants, war, mmorpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users