• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Double post solution?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Offline Izzy - Posted July 22 2023 - 2:22 PM

Izzy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationUtah

Hello,

Fairly new to Formiculture.com. I've been loving it so thanks for putting it together. I can't help but notice there has been a lot of double posts. I saw in another post the admin said they needed to do some server maintenance to fix it but just haven't had time yet since life was getting real. I work as a web software engineer by trade, particularly on the front-end side, and I thought of what could be an easy solution to this would simply be setting the Post New Topic button to a disabled state on click.

I also realize if the admin is hosting this site on a private server they're probably also pretty good at this stuff, and maybe already thought of this, but it seems like a simple fix that would prevent a lot of headache and having to delete double posts until the server maintenance can be completed. Also not sure if the forum software is even something you can even edit or if you just have to use it as is.

Maybe there is a use case I'm not thinking of where you wouldn't want to disable the Post New Topic button on first click that I haven't encountered being new here and all, but just thought I'd throw out a friendly suggestion in case it was of any help. :)

• ANTdrew and rptraut like this

#2 Offline Yourbasicantkeeper - Posted August 22 2023 - 1:35 PM

Yourbasicantkeeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationSan Carlos, California

maybe

"I am here on Earth, and I am only a speck of sand in the desert, a blade of grass in a field. I am no greater than any one of these busy ants who build for each other's comfort. " - King Solomon

Currently keeping: Myrmecocystus Depilis, Pogonomyrmex Rugosus

Wishlist: Camponotus Ocreatus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users