• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

TestTube/Outworld Setup

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline DarkCerebral - Posted November 15 2022 - 8:48 AM

DarkCerebral

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

I was curious if there is any interest of thoughts about this setup. I use this for founding as well as early stages for colony growth. I currently use for Pheidole, Solonopsis, Lasius, myrmica, and Camponotus colonies with no known concerns. Typical issues on the outworld with escapes sometimes (using the same outworld as THA nests).

I have modified it to accept a different insert adapter to receive different sizes of test tube up to 20mm OD. The side port is plugged with a screen port but can be a full plug or tubing for moving to new nest/outworld. I have attached images from an empty one with a 16mm and 20mm OD tubes.

Attached Images

• 508B88D4-18BE-474C-BA5C-1552126D2493.jpeg
  • 919ECF90-DB49-488C-81FB-B9B9101558C2.jpeg
  • F81E2146-6E3E-4089-BBE0-2359625370EC.jpeg
  • 52AB0888-E52F-438F-BDB1-D120D82A8CC6.jpeg

• T.C., Manitobant and UtahAnts like this

#2 Offline T.C. - Posted November 15 2022 - 10:30 AM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
I think it's awesome. You should sell me some.
  • LowQualityAnts likes this
“If I am killed for simply living, let death be kinder than man.” -Althea Davis

#3 Offline Manitobant - Posted November 15 2022 - 12:17 PM

Manitobant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada
Yeah i would totally buy some of these if they’re cheap, and I’m sure others would as well.

#4 Offline DarkCerebral - Posted November 15 2022 - 1:36 PM

DarkCerebral

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Ok, Ill work up a pricing and let you all know. I have tube inserts too ill include. that's awesome and glad others see these as useful. 

I wasnt expecting such a warm reception. Thank you all!

Ill let you know once I confirm th adapter is good and price is figured. It is looking around the 20-25$ area so far. This includes a 16/20mm tube, outword, matching 16/20mm adapter and a vented plug. L

Edited by DarkCerebral, November 15 2022 - 9:00 PM.

#5 Offline LowQualityAnts - Posted November 15 2022 - 2:16 PM

LowQualityAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, Georgia

Yeah i would totally buy some of these if they’re cheap, and I’m sure others would as well.

I second this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users