• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Greetings from Knoxville TN

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Offline XBombNinjaX - Posted September 12 2022 - 8:20 PM

XBombNinjaX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Edited by XBombNinjaX, September 13 2022 - 9:56 PM.

• ZTYguy likes this

#2 Offline BioScorpion - Posted September 12 2022 - 9:03 PM

BioScorpion

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
Welcome to formiculture. I'm a frequent visitor to knoxville and I live in WI.
  • XBombNinjaX likes this

#3 Offline XBombNinjaX - Posted September 12 2022 - 10:12 PM

XBombNinjaX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Welcome to formiculture. I'm a frequent visitor to knoxville and I live in WI.

Thank you! I caught my current Lasius queen in Horicon WI.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

#4 Offline ZTYguy - Posted September 12 2022 - 10:17 PM

ZTYguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts
  • LocationNorthridge, California

Hey there welcome! I’d agree that posting separate threads with enticing titles might solve your problems however, I would like to bring something up. It is currently illegal to moves ants across state borders without proper permits. Please in the future refrain from crossing boarders without a permit. Anyways welcome and hopefully the rest of formiculture will welcome you with open arms. Have fun anting

-Z

Currently: Considering moving to Australia
Reason: Myrmecia

#5 Offline XBombNinjaX - Posted September 14 2022 - 8:40 PM

XBombNinjaX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hey there welcome! I’d agree that posting separate threads with enticing titles might solve your problems however, I would like to bring something up. It is currently illegal to moves ants across state borders without proper permits. Please in the future refrain from crossing boarders without a permit. Anyways welcome and hopefully the rest of formiculture will welcome you with open arms. Have fun anting

-Z

Seems like the ant queen plug of California is greeting me with closed arms off the bat. Those laws only apply to shipping and receiving part of USDAs lacey act, law's which as an owner operator truck driver I understand fully and I am insured against.

Thanks for your false information, but I came here to talk about my hobby of keeping ants, not distributing as you do.

It's amazing to me that you legally get away with importing / shipping across state / national lines pest species of Hymenoptera which I found in your recent posts. Do you have permits to ship said species? Hundreds of which may I add according to your post?

Furthermore, I thought this to be a friendly environment to discuss a mutual hobby but that's absolutely not the case. Anyone who is active on these forums is trying to make a buck like anywhere else for their captured queens after further investigation.

Tried deleting my account and it's obvious that's not a possible measure. So here's to letting new members know what this forum is all about.

#6 Offline Zeiss - Posted September 14 2022 - 9:16 PM

Zeiss

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationFountain Valley

-Z

Seems like the ant queen plug of California is greeting me with closed arms off the bat. Those laws only apply to shipping and receiving part of USDAs lacey act, law's which as an owner operator truck driver I understand fully and I am insured against.

Thanks for your false information, but I came here to talk about my hobby of keeping ants, not distributing as you do.

It's amazing to me that you legally get away with importing / shipping across state / national lines pest species of Hymenoptera which I found in your recent posts. Do you have permits to ship said species? Hundreds of which may I add according to your post?

Furthermore, I thought this to be a friendly environment to discuss a mutual hobby but that's absolutely not the case. Anyone who is active on these forums is trying to make a buck like anywhere else for their captured queens after further investigation.

Tried deleting my account and it's obvious that's not a possible measure. So here's to letting new members know what this forum is all about.

That isn't what those laws only apply to.  They apply to interstate travel of ants from one state to another, doesn't matter if it's "distribution."  You were not given false information.

It seems like the ants he owns were either purchased from someone who had a seller's permit (which is issued by the USDA to sell to certain states on a species by species basis that do not require the buyer to possess a permit) or caught by himself or another within his own state.

This is a friendly environment and you appear to have a positive confirmation bias by skewing little things to fit your narrative.  All he did was inform you of the laws and if you read the forum rules when joining, you are not supposed to post anything violating any US laws.  He did this respectfully and in no way insulting to you.

You need to hop off your high horse bucko and realize people aren't out to get you like you think they are.

I'd encourage you to continue to use the forum as it's full of useful information for everyone, but we don't need people to come in here and trash it with a sour attitude just after 4 posts because of a perceived attack.

Edited by Zeiss, September 14 2022 - 9:18 PM.

• OiledOlives likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users