• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Help introducing Lasius Neoniger queen to queen less Lasius Neoniger colony

introducing queens ants ant keeping antkeeping antstopia lasius lasius neoniger help introducing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline AntsTopia - Posted August 13 2022 - 12:38 PM

AntsTopia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY and Managua, Nicaragua
Hi guys. I bought a lasius neoniger queen. Well technically it was on the GAN but they guy shipped it to me from Tampa Bay. Anyway, I got a colony with a ton of cocoons and 30-40 workers and they have no queen. They are of lasius neoniger. I actually made posts not too long ago about them named "Help workers attacking adoption queen" and "Lasius ID Margate, FL". The ID one said the workers were of Lasius Americanus. I have a ant keeper friend who came over to identify them up close with mesuraing stuff and bla bla bla and decided they were too shiny to be of Americanus. So yeah. Now how am I suppose to to introduce this queen to this colony? She is coming Monday and I don't know what to do when I get her. Thank you!

Keeper of:

Atta Mexicana x 1

Messor Barbarus x 1

Ants are just better.

#2 Offline ANTdrew - Posted August 13 2022 - 12:53 PM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,376 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
Read the thread about parasitic Lasius. I think most of the advice would apply to your situation.
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#3 Offline AntsTopia - Posted August 13 2022 - 5:40 PM

AntsTopia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY and Managua, Nicaragua
Where would I find this? Could you post a link or something?

Keeper of:

Atta Mexicana x 1

Messor Barbarus x 1

Ants are just better.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: introducing queens, ants, ant keeping, antkeeping, antstopia, lasius, lasius neoniger, help, introducing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users