• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Questions about mini cams

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline LIExotics - Posted July 10 2022 - 8:35 PM

LIExotics

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY, USA
Hey everyone. Quick question. Has anyone had any experience with the micro wireless cameras from like Amazon? I want to get a tiny Camera that I can place inside an outworld, as well as a micro camera with night vision to place inside the nest portion and leave there for a week or two to collect some up close footage of the ants during their day to day activities. Just wanted to know everyone's suggestions, and comments regarding personal use of micro cams. Thanks.

#2 Offline aznphenom - Posted July 11 2022 - 5:43 AM

aznphenom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Hey everyone. Quick question. Has anyone had any experience with the micro wireless cameras from like Amazon? I want to get a tiny Camera that I can place inside an outworld, as well as a micro camera with night vision to place inside the nest portion and leave there for a week or two to collect some up close footage of the ants during their day to day activities. Just wanted to know everyone's suggestions, and comments regarding personal use of micro cams. Thanks.

One that actually fits into the nest? or viewing into the nest? I used my wyze cam on mine for a best. Not super close up by any means but good enough to do time lapse. I've seen in forums of people replacing the lens on it for a zoom lens.

Keeps: Camponotus, Tetra

Wants (Please reach out if you have them for sale if you’re in the US): Acromyrmex Sp., Atta Sp., Cephalotes Sp., Myrmecocystus Sp (Prefer Mexicanus), Odontomachus Sp. (Prefer Desertorum), Pachycondyla Sp., Pheidole Sp (Prefer Rhea. The bigger the better. Not the tiny bicarinata), Pogonomyrmex Sp (Prefer Badius)., Pseudomyrmex Sp. (Prefer the cute yellow ones)

#3 Offline LIExotics - Posted July 11 2022 - 5:24 PM

LIExotics

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY, USA
Never heard of it before. I'll take a look at it. Thanks. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users