• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Seeking Prenolepis imparis queen (pref w/brood only) in NY

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline m99 - Posted May 18 2022 - 4:44 PM

m99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationCT

I feel terrible for my 20 preno workers currently sitting around abandoned, just waiting to die in their formicarium. I'd love to give them the chance to adopt a queen after their own mother died, but have had zero luck looking myself for nuptials, or finding other sellers to buy from.

So, if anybody in the state has a Preno queen available I'm interested, even if they have workers. Though brood only is preferred.

Edited by m99, May 18 2022 - 9:05 PM.

#2 Offline azzaaazzzz00 - Posted May 19 2022 - 6:17 AM

azzaaazzzz00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationBogota, NJ

I'm in NJ right at the border near New York but I still need I permit to ship it to you, I have a lot of Preno queens tho.

Been keeping ants since January of 2021

Always try new things, even if its hard, hard is not impossible. We are smart and it's good to be smart but not too smart for your own good.

#3 Offline aznphenom - Posted May 19 2022 - 7:06 AM

aznphenom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationMaryland

I feel you. I have a pennsylvanicus colony right now without a queen. I am hoping there will be a huge flight within the next 3 days

• m99 likes this
Keeps: Camponotus, Tetra

Wants (Please reach out if you have them for sale if you’re in the US): Acromyrmex Sp., Atta Sp., Cephalotes Sp., Myrmecocystus Sp (Prefer Mexicanus), Odontomachus Sp. (Prefer Desertorum), Pachycondyla Sp., Pheidole Sp (Prefer Rhea. The bigger the better. Not the tiny bicarinata), Pogonomyrmex Sp (Prefer Badius)., Pseudomyrmex Sp. (Prefer the cute yellow ones)

#4 Offline m99 - Posted June 3 2022 - 10:30 PM

m99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationCT

One last try, thought I'd seen one on GAN for a second but turned out to be a false alarm. Feel so bad for my poor ladies :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users