• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Ask a Bumble Bee

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Offline ConcordAntman - Posted May 17 2022 - 11:05 AM

ConcordAntman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

I’d mentioned this in my Ohio State Buumblebee Course for the Community Scientist thread. USGS Eastern Ecological Science Center Wildlife Biologist, Sam Droege and his undergraduate student Jenan El-Hifnawi are promoting an eastern United States survey looking at Plant-Bumblebee interaction. They have introduced a community scientist based flower survey directed at discovering bumblebee’s flower preferences. OSU is sponsoring an introductory training session webinar May 27th at 10:00 am Eastern. No bee collecting is involved and no bumblebee identification skills are necessary. All you need is a smartphone and the time to walk around the floral areas of your neighborhood. Information on the webinar and registration for it can be found through the attached link.

https://u.osu.edu/askabumble/

Edited by ConcordAntman, May 17 2022 - 11:07 AM.

• Kaelwizard and lazyant like this

#2 Offline Kaelwizard - Posted June 14 2022 - 4:23 PM

Kaelwizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts
  • LocationPoway, California

I would've participated but I live in SoCal and there are no bumblebees at my house.

Edited by Kaelwizard, June 14 2022 - 4:23 PM.

• ConcordAntman likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users