• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Cyphomyrmex Rimosus- SolenopsisKeeper-

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Offline Guest_SolenopsisKeeper_* - Posted May 10 2022 - 4:10 PM

Guest_SolenopsisKeeper_*
  • Guests
Recently I caught a C. rimosus colony, whom is now finally picking up speed and settling into their new habitat. I fed them some catipillar poop I found, so they are now placing against the Cotten with nectar in it. I just fed them some lettuce, but they honestly don’t desperately need food. Their nest is a bit oversized, but I am sure they will grow into it.

Also, they started their fungus on a rotting nut. I honestly thought I needed to release them, as I found no yeast in the nest and no brood. They also have a stick with crystals that also has a bit of yeast. Also, they put a pupae far away from any workers, at least two inches from any workers. Any ideas? No yeast is nearby…

Attached Images

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

• United-Ants likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users