• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

How do I get a permit for National Parks and from department of fish and game?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline AlexLebedev - Posted May 4 2022 - 4:08 PM

AlexLebedev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, California

How do i apply for these permits and how long does it take?

What i am keeping Brachymyrmex patagonicus 1 worker x5 tetramorium immigrans 10 workers x2 lasius crypticus 5 workers Pheidole californica 6 queens150~ workers 10-30 majors, Formica argentea 10~ W

What I've kept crematogaster sp pheidole californica camponotus vicinus high elev, dumetorum,laevigatus, prenolepis imparis, pogonomyrmex californicus and subnitidus and californicus, veromessor andrei, camponotus sayi, hypoponera opacior ,Liometopum occidentale solnopsis molesta group, solenopsis xyloni.

#2 Offline aznphenom - Posted May 5 2022 - 7:22 AM

aznphenom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Ignore. Pretty sure OP meant permits to collect from parks and not for importing ants.

Edited by aznphenom, May 5 2022 - 7:24 AM.

Keeps: Camponotus, Tetra

Wants (Please reach out if you have them for sale if you’re in the US): Acromyrmex Sp., Atta Sp., Cephalotes Sp., Myrmecocystus Sp (Prefer Mexicanus), Odontomachus Sp. (Prefer Desertorum), Pachycondyla Sp., Pheidole Sp (Prefer Rhea. The bigger the better. Not the tiny bicarinata), Pogonomyrmex Sp (Prefer Badius)., Pseudomyrmex Sp. (Prefer the cute yellow ones)

#3 Offline YsTheAnt - Posted May 5 2022 - 7:32 AM

YsTheAnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Found this on the NPS website:

https://www.nps.gov/...st-a-permit.htm

It looks like permits are granted exclusively for scientific research.

• Somethinghmm and aznphenom like this

Instagram          Journal           Shop

#4 Offline T.C. - Posted May 6 2022 - 10:32 PM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Taking anything out of national parks is usually forbidden. On another site a guy sneaking out a species of Mantis was busted by the DNR outside of the park. He got fined for it and of course they confiscated the insects. I'm sure the fact he was out of state also might of played a role in why they fined him or the fact he had over a hundred of them. Moral of the story is that it's unlikely unless, you are working for a research group of some sort. I also talked to a park ranger in the everglades down by Miami FL who was telling me people would try to sneak out baby alligators they find. He said the fines on that would hurt to hear so he never told me how much.

" Whatever You Are, Be a Good One "

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users