• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Super worms

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline That_one_ant_guy - Posted April 25 2022 - 1:30 PM

That_one_ant_guy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Sooo I just got a container of 25 super worm from bug co, and I've never kept them before so I'm not sure if I need to feed them something or they eat the frosted flakes looking things(they look like decaying matter to me) and do I have to water there container? Thank youuuu20220425_142752.jpg
  • Dumpling likes this

#2 Offline ANTdrew - Posted April 25 2022 - 1:50 PM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,402 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
Read Crystals thread on how to raise feeder insects.
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#3 Offline lazyant - Posted April 25 2022 - 2:00 PM

lazyant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationBrentwood, CA

I have kept 2 different reptiles sooooooo I have knowledge of superworms. They fully caterpie evolve from nasty worm to pupae to beetle, the breeding you should watch a youtube tutorial. Just feed them vegetables and fruit. Also yes they do not eat the frosted flake stuff. You can also watch a housing tutorial on youtube. The dummy's summary!

"Loneliness and cheeseburgers are a dangerous mix." -Comic book guy 

#4 Offline azzaaazzzz00 - Posted April 25 2022 - 2:30 PM

azzaaazzzz00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationBogota, NJ

Also, don't expose them to water or any liquids, they get moister from veggies you feed them (carrots, lettuce, etc.). The superworms will eat each other if not fed (you don't have to give them anything to eat if your planning to use them in a short period of time, although it makes em more plump for your pets). They will most likely drown and wet substrate is hard to dig in for the superworms. I think the flakes are wheat bran. They don't exactly eat it, I'm pretty sure they just chew on it.

Heres the link to the feeder insect care sheet ANTdrew was talking about

Edited by azzaaazzzz00, April 25 2022 - 3:07 PM.

Been keeping ants since January of 2021

Always try new things, even if its hard, hard is not impossible. We are smart and it's good to be smart but not too smart for your own good.

#5 Offline That_one_ant_guy - Posted April 25 2022 - 3:50 PM

That_one_ant_guy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Thank you this has all been very helpful :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users