• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Superfly from Nuevo Leon, Mexico

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Offline Superfly_23 - Posted April 3 2022 - 3:36 PM

Superfly_23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hello! At this time I have at least 7 years of experience in ant keeping, at first I was keeping arthropods and reptiles in general but I slowly shifted to exclusively ants and occasionally social wasps. Natural social structures fascinate me and I believe many evolutionary developments of human nature and our success as a species can be reflected in ants, social bees, termites and social wasps.

I mainly focus in solitary foragers, such as Polistes, Neoponera villosa, Ectatomma tuberculatum, Leptogenys elongata, Pseudomyrmex gracilis, and cryptic ants like Strumygenis, Rasopone, Hypoponera, etc.

Mainly because I believe solitary hunting demands further individual cognitive capacity, over swarm hunting for example. The larger ants I mentioned demonstrate individual behavior that other ants don't. 

I own a DSLR with a macro lens capable of both videos and photos that I post on Instagram (@metropol_macro)

• CheetoLord02, Manitobant, Antkeeper01 and 2 others like this

#2 Offline United-Ants - Posted April 4 2022 - 2:32 PM

United-Ants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • LocationUtah United States
Hi welcome to the fourm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users